Casa Joshua Tree offers an annual Creative Residency in August each year.
Sign up for the newsletter to be notified when applications open for 2017.
Casa Joshua Tree is available to one creative (individual or team) for a week each August, free of charge, as part of my ongoing mission to support creatives and their work. Writers and visual artists (over 21 years of age) are invited to apply. Applications are now closed for 2016.
Take time away from everyday life to reset, recharge and create in the stunning beauty of the high desert. In the white hot heat of August, there is nothing to distract you from focusing your work in the cool relaxing rooms of the house.
- Creative-in-residence will be selected based on your application and is awarded at my discretion.
- There is no charge for the residency week, or to apply.
- If selected, you are responsible for all transportation costs, food, supplies, and making your own travel arrangements.
- For creative teams consisting of more than one person, please apply individually and note who your partners are on the application.
- For a complete description of the space, location, and travel details please visit the Airbnb listing.
- Artists: you will have access to my private studio which is not usually open to Airbnb guests. The room is approximately 15’x 20’. There is a desk, 2 rolling work tables, and one large white wall to hang small work. On the application please note your physical space needs for your work. Unfortunately, I cannot accommodate artists working at a large scale or who need use of a workshop for tools, chemical or heat processes, etc.
- This residency is self-guided, and you will have the house all to yourself. However, you must be able to be present in Joshua Tree for the entire residency week.
- No pets or additional guests.
- Have questions? email email@example.com