2018 Residency: August 20-27
Applications are now closed. Recipient will be notified by July 15.
Subscribe to the Newsletter to be notified about the 2019 Residency
Casa Joshua Tree is available to one creative (individual or team) for a week each year, free of charge, as part of my ongoing mission to support creatives and their work. Writers and visual artists (over 21 years of age) are invited to apply.
Take time away from everyday life to reset, recharge and create in the stunning beauty of the high desert. In the white hot heat of summer, there is nothing to distract you from focusing your work in the cool relaxing rooms of the house.
- Residency is open to writers and visual artists.
- Creative-in-residence will be selected based on your application and is awarded at my discretion.
- There is no charge for the residency week, or to apply.
- If selected, you are responsible for all transportation costs, food, supplies, and making your own travel arrangements.
- For creative teams consisting of more than one person, please apply individually and note who your partners are on the application.
- For a complete description of the space, location, and travel details please visit the Airbnb listing.
- Artists: you will have access to my private studio which is not usually open to Airbnb guests. The room is approximately 15’x 20’. There is a desk, 2 rolling work tables, and one large white wall to hang small work. On the application please note your physical space needs for your work. Unfortunately, I cannot accommodate artists working at a large scale or who need use of a workshop for tools, messy painting, chemical or heat processes, etc.
- This residency is self-guided, and you will have the house all to yourself. You must be able to be present in Joshua Tree for the entire residency week.
- Creative-in-Residence will be required to sit for a photography session and interview about their time & work while at the Casa
- Creative-in-Residence will sign a release of liability waiver
- Creative-in-Residence will receive education on Leave No Trace practices, and commit to practicing them while in Joshua Tree
- No pets or additional guests.
- Have questions? email email@example.com